Well it’s date night around town for me tonight, and I have been trying to decide where I am going to take this beautiful young lady. I have been looking for a fun spot around Alterra all day, and I think I have narrowed the night out to a few places around town (she lives closer to San Diego than La Mesa.) Here are the 5 Restaurants that are worth trying according to their reviews by Urban Spoon.
- Stone Brewing Co. – High gravity beer and an impressive bistro make this a definite possibility.
- Muzita Abyssinian Bistro – A fun, inexpensive place for dates. Everyone who has reviewed it, can’t say enough about it. This is definitely a possibility tonight.
- Banbu Sushi - Dates are like interviews, and on this date, not like sushi could be a deal breaker. Seriously. I love sushi. Maybe I just need to grow up, so it’s a good thing there are four my choices just in case.
- The Tractor Room – I’m originally from the land where we smoke just about any type of meat (for hours,) drink whiskey, and are most comfortable wearing jeans and a t-shirt. How have I not heard of a place that serves game meat, prime burgers, and is a legitimate Bourbon House. I’m shedding a tear just thinking about it.
- Cucina Urbana – Finding an authentic Italian restaurant in pretty hard to do. This is a California infused Italian restaurant, so it’s close to authentic because of the fresh style, but it has a fun edge found only in California. It’s history mixed with “a splash of bohemia.”
Where do you think I should take my date tonight? Leave a comment with your own suggestion.